Sunday 11 December 2011

An organic beauty.

This weekend I delivered to the gorgeous Ramster Hall. It sits in the Surrey hills between Haslemere and Chiddingfold, both places familiar with my childhood. A private home with a licence for Wedding Ceremonies, offering a beautiful warm environment for the most perfect of Weddings.
The theme for the cake was 'Ivy' and silver baubles. My Bride Vanessa carried this throughout her stationary and floristry with fresh ivy twisting around tall candleabra and little ivy details to the placecards and menus.

I really enjoyed the organic nature of this cake with my brief to just 'grow' the ivy over the cake! I made lots of little ivy leaves from sugar in graduating shades of green.


Vanessa and I had talked about the idea of incorporating silver balls into the stand, I happened to come across the ideal solution on my travels. To add to the unusual display, the cake was also made with a twist to each tier, rather than sitting square, one on top of the other.


I really loved making this cake and it fitted beautifully into the interior of the house. Catering at the event was done by the wonderful Jacaranda who make the most beautiful and tasty food.




This Wedding was a pleasure, I hope you enjoyed reading about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment