Sunday 17 March 2013

Dorich House Wedding Fair

There are some really lovely venues out there and some real hidden jems. Today I attended a lovely Wedding event hosted by Dorich House.....a hidden jem.
Perfect for a more intimate wedding this stylish 1930's House is full of striking design elements and curious sculptures by Dora Gordine.


In 1938 Dora was hailed as one of the finest women sculptors in the world, much of her work being carried out at the house with many of her sculptures still decorating the rooms.

This house is now a shrine to her creations.


As a Wedding venue it provides some beautiful entertaining spaces. An amazing roof terrace with open views across Richmond Park, numerous dining areas and a manicured garden and orchard.


This room and these doors are my absolute favourites! I would totally love these Chinese sliding doors in my house, I would have endless dinner parties just so I could keep sliding them back and forth. :)


And what a beautiful dining space for an intimate dinner party.

Dorich House has a list of recommended suppliers of which Rachelle's is one.
And today I had the pleasure of meeting lots of them in this lovely space.


Pretty pink floral displays decorated the reception room, created by The House Floral Design.


My popular little blue cake sat perfectly against the bright pinks in the room.
With all the lovely stationary decorating the tables by Print Inc.


And Dora's sculptures and artworks look stylish yet quirky, scattered throughout.
Sketches and illustrations also adorn the walls, this house is an artists paradise, I can understand how inspired she was whilst looking at the breathtaking views from the windows.


My neighbour for the day was the lovely Tiffany Cartwright doing bridal hair and makeup.


And upstairs there were gorgeous bridal gowns and accessories by Daisy Day,


and delicious canapes by Elior and Truffles Catering YUMMY! I was well fed and watered throughout the day as I mingled and chatted with Brides to be.


This is Justin from Catered by Justin , they do the most fabulous Hog Roasts with speciality breads, fresh locally sourced salads and delicious desserts. I got a bowl of sauteed new potatoes with bacon. Amazing, bit of a shame it was a slightly rainy day, but it didn't stop us all smiling.


I rather liked the pools of molten rain that gathered on the roof terrace window lights!



So thanks to everyone for making such a delightful day, including the strange moustache man who was staring at my cakes all day! And if you want to see some more amazing pictures of the house, and the work of a great photographer, check out the work of Mel Wilde. She recently did a lovely shoot of the whole house in the style of your Wedding day, take a look here Mels Blog

Thanks for reading!
Rachelx











1 comment:

  1. So true...it is such a fabulous place with great suppliers...please remember us with our bespoke wedding invitations...www.printinc.uk.com! x

    ReplyDelete